Otley Walking Festival
June 24th to July 2nd 2017
Otley Walking Festival 2017
OTLEY - WHARFEDALE’S MARKET TOWN
Otley lies between the steep, wooded valley side known as ‘The Chevin’ and the River
Wharfe. The fine parish church, the handsome bridge across the river, and the street plan that shapes the centre of the town - all survive from the Middle Ages.
A half hour’s walk will take you from Market Place straight up the old flag stoned path and stairway to the crest of the Chevin. And from there you’ll be able to look back down on the entire town and beyond to the fields and moors of Wharfedale - to the region that will supply a memorable week’s walking.
- Whilst leaders take every care, your comfort and safety are your own responsibility. Everyone taking part in Otley Walking Festival does so at their own risk.
- Clothing and footwear appropriate for the conditions are essential.
- Bring a packed lunch on walks starting in the morning and lasting more than 3 hours.
- Make sure that you bring plenty of water to drink (at least 2 litres on the longer walks).
- Always carry a hat and sunscreen with you even if it does not feel warm.
- The pace of the walk is appropriate to the distance and the available time. We ask that walkers accept the pace set. Short walks tend to be at a fairly slow pace, the longer walks will be much faster. Anyone getting ahead of the leader may be deemed to have left the walk.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- We would prefer that you did not bring your dog. If you do, you will be expected to keep your dog under close control at all times.
- Dogs and dog-related incidents are not covered by the Festival’s insurance so please make sure you are fully insured if accompanied by your dog.
- Timings given for walks do not include time taken to travel to and from the walk, unless stated.
WE HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS
OTLEY WALKING FESTIVAL 2017